Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's the little things in life!

So this past weekend JL and I decided it was time for us to get started on projects around the house. The ones we put off because we either still didn't realize that we actually owned the house or we were making sure our finances were in order. Either way we have begun the renovating process.

For those who know, we have done quite a bit already. This includes, putting a side wall up and gate, painting the exterior and many of the rooms and reorganizing the garage so the 35 or so boxes I inherited were reduced down to a mere 25, keep in mind this also includes holiday decorations.

We went to our favorite hardware store, Home Depot, and searched out what we could do. Note, we had many a projects in mind but were open to new ideas. One thing I have been pining for has been a garbage disposal. For those who have never been with out one, if that day ever comes you will be very sad about it. I have endured over a year without the disposal so you can bet that was at the top.

We aren't avid plumbers, in fact, all I knew about it before this process started was that it smells and plumbers are expensive. We took a look under the sink and decided to just replace all the plumbing so we can start fresh. What an adventure that was going to be!

We bought our 3/4 hp disposal, for those who aren't privy, that is about mid-range and average for any type of household and after several, and I mean several, trips back to Home Depot, our sink is working and the garbage disposal makes me so happy! (I hope this doesn't jinx it.)

The next project: Not sure yet, but we will be attending the "re-do your bathroom" class Thursday. I'm sure we'll come home with a project or two :)

'Till next time, Live, Laugh, Love

No comments: