Friday, January 15, 2010

Refreshing

A new day and a new perspective on life. I'm not sure what provoked this new frame of mind, maybe it was me reconnecting with family, the fresh air from the rain, or just because I realize I had gotten lost in my own world. Whatever it may have been I realized that I have let stress and sadness take over my life the past couple of years. Don't get me wrong, I have been happy too, thanks to JL and all of his patience I have been able to live and make the most of things but I have decided I am done. Done being sad about my Mom, done being stressed, what happens will happen whether I stress about it or not, and I am DONE worrying about everyone and making sure they are all happy, I am not a mother, yet.

So, for many of you, this post may come a surprise. You may be thinking that everything was going great, and it was, for the most part. For the past year JL has been telling me not to stress or worry about everyone, the sadness thing he didn't get close to, but I guess I had to realize it for myself and figure out how to deal with it. The mourning period is over and it's time to look ahead and not in the past. Don't get me wrong, there are good memories to think about, but there are even better memories to be made, so I am going to focus on them.

No more tunnel vision and no more negativity! Life is to be lived and that is what I plan on doing with it.

Live, Laugh, Love

No comments: