Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pulled pork and lots of wine...

The other evening we had a couple of friends over for some pulled pork sandwiches and wine, lots of wine... I made some coleslaw but it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to, a little to tangy, but it was a delicious contrast to the sweet BBQ any way. I used a bit of this and a bit of that, the ingredients are listed below but not sure how much of each I added...

Shredded cabbage
Fresh lime juice
Low fat mayo
Milk
Sugar
BBQ spice rub
Salt

I mixed up the dressing and then added the cabbage. I also had the leftovers the next day and the flavors were more developed and better but I have to say the fresh crispness of the cabbage was refreshing, especially when it is way too hot...

For the pulled pork, I made that a couple days before so I could just shred it and toss it with some carmelized onions and BBQ sauce. I would highly suggest you try and get pork butt since it will be easier to shred and take less time to "fall apart". I used shoulder and needed to be cooked for a loooooonnngggggg time... (Its what was one sale...) I would also advise you to try and use a slow cooker if it is hot.

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: