Monday, August 30, 2010

First Tierd Cake

So this Friday I am going to be delivering my first tiered cake. It is for a friend's birthday party and my gift is a cake, don't act too surprised people!

Since I have yet to have an excuse for a tiered cake I think this is it! I plan on keeping it simple with two tiers.

She has requested chocolate and strawberry but left the rest to me so this is my idea...

Chocolate Devil's Food Cake with strawberry filling for the first layer (12" round). A white cake with strawberry filling for the second, since some people don't like chocolate (silly people) (8" or 9" round). The tiers will be covered in a chocolate fondant (I know Sarah but you need to try MM fondant, it's actually made with marshmallows!) with chocolate covered strawberries lining the edges and accents of red fondant decorations on the sides and top. Since I am new at fondant I am not committing to many decorations until I know it will look ok. I am a perfectionist but I think all my ceramics experience will pay off in this task...

Wish me luck and I will definitely post pictures and recipes after I am done!

Live, Laugh, Love

No comments: