Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stouffer's Corner Bistro Review

As I was wandering the grocery store with JL, a rare occasion mind you, I came across an interesting new line by Stouffer's. Being in the save-money-mode for so long I have gotten really tired of Lean Cuisines so I was on the look out for something new and this was it.

I love tomato soup and I am really trying to pretend Fall is already here so what could be better than soup and a melty sandwich? Not much. Although I have had better soup in my life, this really wasn't bad, in fact, I would have it again. The melt is very much like a Hot Pocket and was pretty tasty.

I would definitely get this again for a quick and easy meal but another idea came to light... Why don't I make my own tomato bisque, incredibly cheap to make, and take Hot Pockets in place of the sandwich and spend less money? The meal costs about $4 but on sale it ran me about $3.50. Where as a serving of homemade tomato bisque would cost about $1 and the Hot Pockets are usually two for $2.50, thus totalling my yummy meal at $2.25, saving a whole $1.25 to $1.75. This may not seem like a lot but it sure can add up! Plus, I will then have tomato bisque on hand for dinner if I am too tired to cook! (Brilliance!)

Other soups I want to to try are corn chowder and chicken noodle (I have yet to try a perfected recipe for this...). Any suggestions are welcome!

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

Stouffer's Corner Bistro Web Site

No comments: