Monday, September 13, 2010

Chocolate Strawberry Cake

Sorry all for the delay. Here is a picture of my latest creation. Drum roll please... :)



Some things I would like to note about it... It was much more difficult that I expected. The strawberries started to leak juice, thus destroying the wonderful finish on this cake and I added too much strawberry filling thus creating a slight bulge in the layers. Other than that, it was great and delish!

I used the Hershey's Chocolate Cake recipe, with some alterations (my secret) and a strawberry filling. The fondant was marshmallow fondant and chocolate marshmallow fondant, both I made from scratch and the most difficult part... In hindsight, next time I would cover in a chocolate butter cream and add the fondant bow to it.

Lessons learned and overall a cute cake!

JL had helped me make the chocolate covered strawberries and since we made some extras, I created this as well!



Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: