Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Long Time Ago...

So it has been almost four months since my last post.  Crazy how time flies by when so much is going on.  What's new?  Well for starters, I have a new job that I really like.  The people are great, the company is awesome and overall just really great.  The commute is longer but I am adjusting and all is going ok, so happy to be working in a much healthier work environment. 

We have been watching what we eat lately but that just means I am forced to get more creative.  If you are ever looking for a great frozen meal to help keep calories low, SmartOnes really offer alot and have so many different flavors.  They also have breakfast options and desserts for the sweet cravers.  So typically we will have a SmartOne, fruit, yogurt and half a bagel or other carb.  For dinner is where I have to try and amp things up a bit.  I am in love with Henry's Market so I have been shopping there a lot lately.  Their meat and produce is uncomparable to even the best markets, and is reasonable, especially the produce.  So below is a typical list of meals we enjoy for dinner:
  • Chicken tacos on corn tortillas, served with pico di gallo and queso fresco or avocado (Henry's has really delicious marinated chicken)
  • Chicken Cajun (or hot italian) ssg sir fry with peppers and sweet onion, served over boiled red potatoes
  • BBQ baby back ribs served with summer squash and red potatoes (a Jose favorite)
  • Fish sticks with some sort of vegetable
  • Teryaki chicken (grilled) served with rice and vegetable stir fry (or made into kabobs)
  • Baked chicken tenders served with salad or vegetable
  • Shrimp Scampi served over vegetables
Saturdays we will typically go all out and maybe have a steak but it all depends on what they have going at Henry's or what we are doing.  As you can see our meals tend to have chicken as a protein but as long as I prepare it differently we haven't really gotten to tired of it.

I will try to post some recipes soon!

Live, Laugh, Love

1 comment:

Jenn at Creative Tradition said...

My husband and I are doing something similar, but with Lean Cuisines (his favorite). I'm definitly interested in some dinner recipes!