Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Am I really a foodie snob???

This past weekend was a busy one, so much so that I wasn't able to do my weekly grocery shopping (yes, I shop for the whole week in a day...). Yesterday I decided I just needed to figure out what to make and go to the store. This was going to be the week to start to eat healthy and I really wanted to try out some new recipes so I am upping things a notch by including things in my meals I don't normally.

So the story goes...

Yesterday I stopped by the market, not the quick small one but the one that was a little larger and I was hoping would have more selections, I was sadly disappointed. Not only did they have the same things the smaller one did, but I had to walk all over the market a few times just to find what I wanted, or find out they didn't have what I wanted. So you may ask what I was looking for? Well, I wanted more than just one variety of real Parmesan cheese, not the stuff from the container, and blue cheese. Picky I know, but it seems to me that if there isn't more than one option I am forced to buy the one brand they have and I have no choice in the matter. The one thing that threw me off was that they didn't have arborio rice for risotto. Since it isn't a rice at all there was lots of confusion on where it should be. I suppose I will need to start shopping at Henry's or Trader Joe's instead of the local market but those options are a bit farther for me.

To sum it up... As I was roaming the store from end to end multiple times I started to wonder, am I a foodie snob? Do I really need more than one option for blue cheese? Why can't I be ok with Butoni chunk Parmesan cheese? I guess I am but I figure that if I am going to eat something it had better taste good and I guess my palate is getting more refined so my cooking skills and market choice have better rise to the occasion.

After all the running around yesterday I had to go home and make dinner. JL was such a sweetie and he helped me with dinner and washed the dishes, I love him so. For dinner we had BBQ chicken drum sticks with salad. I enjoyed a strawberry blue cheese salad where JL is a traditionalist with his avocado & tomato ranch salad.

Not to go on a tangent but I have also noticed that I don't care for bottled salad dressing, SNOB I know!!! Last night I made this one and it was so yummy, I would suggest you try to whip it up if you can. It will keep for a 2-3 weeks.

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: