Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fantastic Dressing!!!

I am so excited about this new dressing that right after dinner I came up to the computer and now I am telling you all about it.  The dressing is refreshing yet buttery (from the olive oil) and some what healthy!

Apricot Dressing

3 T apricot preserves
2 T white wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 t pepper
1 t garlic powder
Juice from 1 lemon wedge

Just whisk all together!

I used a thicker version for glazing skinless chicken legs and Jose loved them, as did I.  It tasted like a fresher version of bbq sauce and soo delicious, I just cant say that enough.  For a glaze just omit 1/2 T of both vinegar and olive oil.

I hope you try it out.  I was inspired by Cooking Light...  Actually, I will be honest, Jose was flipping through the magazine and told me that it looked pretty good so I tried it for dinner tonight so thank you Jose for finding that one!  The recipe they give a bit different but the same idea.

Live, Laugh, Love

No comments: