Monday, May 18, 2009

Shrimp Pesto

Sarah has requested I post more recipes, so here ya go!

Shrimp Pesto
This was the first thing I ever made for Jose and it is a favorite in our house, easy and healthy!

Cook Time: 20 minutes

1/2 Jar of Pesto (I love the TJ version)
1 Pound of Shrimp (Peeled and de-veined but you can do this yourself)
1 Container of pre-sliced brown mushrooms
1 Can of artichoke hearts (TJ is the brand I buy, they can be marinated or non, your choice)
1/2 Box Angel hair pasta (I use Barilla Plus, for the added health benefits)
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

1. Boil water for pasta. Cook pasta as directed.

2. Cook the peeled and de-veined shrimp in a teaspoon or olive oil until almost cooked (barely pink), sprinkle with salt and pepper.

3.. Add the mushrooms and artichoke hearts and cook until mushrooms are soft.

4. Add the pesto and combine. Then, immediately serve over pasta (or combine with pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese.

I have tried this with other pastas but anger hair is my favorite. It can also be served over the curly pasta. Other variations could be to add cherry or grape tomatoes about two minutes before the mushrooms are cooked. Enjoy!

(TJ = Trader Joe's)

No comments: