Thursday, April 15, 2010

Living Outdoors

So recently we have come to realize that we need to upgrade our patio. Right now we just have lots of weeds and sand and rocks, not sure what the previous owner was thinking, covering the majority of our yard. The only space we can call a patio was a small brick area right outside the green room that barely fits a round table and a BBQ, while being able to go in and out of the house. So we have taken upon ourselves to create a new patio. This includes breaking up the hard dirt, removing about 3 inches of it and flattening it. Then we will cover with an ample amount of sand to make sure it is really level and place flat stones on top of it.

So that is our big project and I'm going to try and push Jose so we can have it finished Sunday, or at least pretty much finished Sunday.

Otherwise we are doing a lot of eating right and exercising. Since working in the yard is actually really good exercise, we have been doing that, but when we are not out in the yard we have been walking the dogs and trying to stay active. So far I have lost 3 pounds and I think most, or all, of it is water weight. That can happen when the majority of food consumed is over processed foods that tends to have a lot of sodium. Either way though, I am feeling much better already and its kinda funny, once I start to feel better about myself I have a tendency to not eat foods that will be bad for me. Weird I know but it happens :)

This means I have not been baking lately and I'm sorry to not be posting delicious recipes to fill your indulgences but you can find delicious recipes on the Baking Bites blog, the link is on the left.

Last night we did enjoy the apricot glaze/dressing I posted about last year but for those of you who haven't been following long or forget it, you can find it below. Last night I marinated two chicken breasts in this glaze for about 30 minutes and then BBQed them. Along with this I prepared a small salad consisting of spring lettuce mix and grilled onions, also marinated in the glaze and added a side or red potato (one of my favorite things ever!). This whole meal was relatively low in calories and absolutely delicious. Keep in mind that I only ate half of a chicken breast as a whole one is too much food for me, thus making my meal consist of around 350 calories, give or take.

Apricot Dressing

3 T apricot preserves
2 T white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 t pepper
1 t garlic powder or 1 t grated garlic
Juice from 1 lemon wedge

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: