Thursday, April 1, 2010

Little bites of heaven!

OK, might be a bit of an exaggeration but my Maple Roasted Yams were yummy!

Side note: "craving" we are now calling "urges" because cravings sound too much like I'm preggers and I'm not.

So yesterday I was having some urges for sweet potatoes (aka yams) and seeing some pretty hefty ones at the farmer's market made me jump for joy. Last night for dessert I made these and they were so yummy and good for me, giving me added fiber I needed for the day.

Before I go into the recipe, I want to show off our babies...

Bear wanting a treat... Before I stepped outside, he was sun bathing, something he LOVES to do.


Blue after his bath... He is so spoiled!



Maple Roasted Yams

1/4 C maple syrup (the real kind)
1 large yam, cleaned and cubed
Pinch of salt
Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to about 375.

Spray baking sheet with the cooking spray and spread out potato cubes on tray.

Drizzle the maple syrup over the potatoes and stir to coat.

Spread out potatoes again, sprinkle with salt and bake for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes is up, toss them again, the syrup will start to fall off them so its good to flip them.

Bake for another 15 minutes or until tender.

Remove from baking sheet immediately or else they wills tart to stick as the syrup cools. That's what happened with mine after the photo shoot was over :/ I was still able to salvage most of them.

Live, laugh, love and enjoy!

No comments: