Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dancing in the car...

So I got some funny looks today as I was jamin' to some tunes, so something my Mom used to say... But my thoughts were this, movement=exercise=burning calories, so in my mind I was doing a great thing for myself, never mind the funny looks I got...

That was after I had such a yummy breakfast and with a jug of iced honey ginseng green tea in my hand. For breakfast I had a new creation, Maple Pecan Oatmeal. This I had concocted myself but its not as if it took much creativity to think up this one. I love the flavor combo though so I decided I should share.

Maple Pecan Oatmeal
1/2 cup oats
1 cup water
1 tablespoon maple syrup (the real kind people)
1/4 cup of pecans (whole)
Pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Heat the water to boiling and add oats. Cook for about a minute or two until done. This is assuming you have the quick oats instead of the other kind, if you happen to be a traditionalist and have regular oats it will take a couple minutes longer.

While oats are cooking, chop up the pecans roughly.

Once the oatmeal is just about ready, add the rest of the ingredients and combine.

Remove from heat and let sit for a minute and enjoy!

You could also add some cold milk after it is served to help cool it down and also add some richness but as you all know, I am trying to watch the calories so no added milk for me this morning.

Update on the weight loss: I have lost 1 pound... hmm... ok maybe the blue cheese bacon burger didn't help me on Monday but its progress. My next goal: wake up and work out in the morning for two weeks. I think I will try and start this one next Monday, even though I have the day off I think it would be good for me to try it out when I can sleep in a little more... Wish me luck!

Live, laugh, love and enjoy!

No comments: