Friday, March 26, 2010

Lose it!


For those of you following this blog you may think I am a crazy person, jumping from one idea to the next and not holding on to any set goal... I would agree with you, I am crazy. I, luckily, found my sanity and may just be able to stick to something I decide to do! I have downloaded the Lose it! app on my iphone and I can't tell you how much I love it?!?!? First of all, I don't have to figure out calories myself, just measure out my food. Since I have done this before it isn't hard for me to get back on the wagon and I also have an eye for portions since I bake often. This program is great! It also has different work outs and how many calories you typically burn doing them. They also include: house work, gardening and umm.. more... ahem. Of course it is more just a guessed amount for calories but at least I am going in the right direction. I actually get happy to be able to put in exercised calories and it helps me to see if I can have a treat that day or not. Very fun!

Other than that, I did not have a treat yesterday as I was over my calorie budget by 20 calories, and that was with a walk. I am going to do this for a couple of weeks but plan to take it day by day so I don't pressure myself and get to overwhelmed and ... cheat.

I have to say, I am loving the weather, until yesterday when it didn't get any warmer than 60... ugh. I love spring though and we just bought two pink jasmine plants, totalling three in our yards now, and I love them. I just love the way they smell, they smell like spring!


The recipe of the day is with lent in mind, no meat on Fridays :(

Fish Sandwiches

Serves 4

4 buns, I try and get the larger ones, not the measly little ones
8 fish sticks, I prefer the battered ones over the breaded ones
4 leaves of lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
Tarter Sauce (See recipe below)

Prepare fish sticks as directed, can take up to 25 minutes.

While fish is cooking, prepare the tarter sauce.

Once fish is cooked, layer tarter sauce on each side of the bun, add lettuce, tomato and two fish sticks.

Optional: you can also add American cheese and make an uncannily similar rendition of the McFish.

Tarter Sauce
So easy to make there is no excuse to buy it!

1 medium pickle, diced fine
1 cup mayo, I use light mayo
1/4 cup of pickle juice
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Combine all the ingredients and let sit for a while. it can be used right away but best if the flavors are allowed to meld.

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: