Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's so funny?

Yesterday I had discussed my addiction to sugar and my brilliant idea of giving it up for a week. So last night I was talking with JL about my day and mentioned my idea. As you may guess he just laughed at me... Later he explained that any one who really knows me, knows that is the craziest idea I have ever come up with. He is right, it is incredibly crazy and very hard but I'm giving it a try but going to allow myself one treat a day, of a reasonable nature and only 100 calories or less. Lucky for me I bought some 100 calorie ice cream bars last week so I am well stocked. I think this is really where my problem lies and I can do this for more than a week, so I'm going for a month to make it a habit. Some of you out there can go days without a single sweet treat but I just have to have something. Maybe this will help wean me off completely, except for special occasions, but for now this is a step to that.

For those of you interested, I found the web site for the oatmeal I'm in love with. You can find it at Vons/Safeway and soon they will tell you on their site where the closest retail store is that sells it. www.betteroats.com

For dinner tonight we are having turkey tacos. For those of you trying to eat better but still want something easy, ground turkey is a life saver! I use the prepackaged taco seasoning mix and ground turkey, JL didn't even notice the difference and now we eat it about every other week. I like to cut up some lettuce and tomatoes and cheese is a must! (Can you see why I have such a hard time with dieting? I love cheese!) You can also make this into a taco salad so you can omit the carbs of the tortilla but I find everything in moderation is ok.

Live, laugh, love and enjoy!

No comments: