Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ugg...

We are both feeling ucky today but we gotta keep moving, and no its not a hangover :)

JL has been having issues with his legs, he typically stands for about 9 hours a day, but its hard for me to help him since I don't know much about what to do. I massage him a couple of times a week but he still has issues. Icy Hot is something we have on hand and are constantly replenishing but it doesn't seem to work to the strength he needs it to. Previously we were going to a massage therapist and it helped out quite a bit but now the funds have been associated to other expenses and I know people had ways of healing without massage therapists. Any suggestions?

As for me, I am feeling a bit yucky, mostly still due to this dang time change business.

Last night went ok, for the most part. The dip was a hit but I think a little less spinach would have been good, I was trying to make it healthier but how much healthier can 2 cups of sour cream (light) and 1 cup mayo (light) really be??? The first batch of pigs in a blanket didn't work out too well, I really need a new oven, but the second batch worked well. I had made green mac n cheese which JL was NOT a fan of, he insisted it tasted different but I think he was just freaked out cause it was green, LOL. Dessert I do well, the brownies and key lime pie were delicious!

Key Lime Pie (So easy!)
1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
5 egg yolks
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
Whip Cream

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well.

3. Pour into unbaked graham cracker crust.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.

5. Let cool

6. Use whip cream for topping.

It is so delicious and refreshing and not overly sweet. I could eat this all day, but then I would need new clothes...

Try out the recipe and let me know if you have other takes on it!

Live, laugh, love

No comments: