Monday, March 29, 2010

Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs

So JL is home sick right now with a cold. He has been battling this terrible thing for a week now and I finally made him go to the doctor. Why is it that men have such a hard time going to the doctor??? Not only that, why do they turn into big babies when they get sick??? I know it stinks being sick, I've been sick a few times my self but goodness. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like having him need me to take care of him so much but a part of me thinks... "Why can't I act like this when I'm sick?" The answer: because I have things to do and no time to be sick.

This past Sunday we had such a nice time hanging out with JL's parents. As most of you know, we go visit them every Sunday but something was just so nice and relaxing yesterday. We BBQ'd at their house and JL and I made one of our new favorites, Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs.


As JL claims, everything just tastes better with bacon! So very true with this recipe.

Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs

1 lb of jumbo shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1 can of sliced pineapple in juice (NOT SYRUP), cut in quarters
1 sweet onion, cut in eighths
1 bottle of teriyaki glaze (or marinade), or 3/4 lb of sauce from the butcher
1 - 2 packages of bacon, cut in half
10 to 15 skewers, soaked in water for about 15 minutes, or longer (helps prevent burning)

1. Prep all the ingredients so you can have an assembly line of items.
2. Take skewer and add onion and pineapple to it.
3. Take 1 shrimp and wrap with half of a strip of bacon and slide on skewer.
4. Continue in this order until the skewer is full, about three sets but depends on how big the shrimps and skewers are.
5. Place in dish or tray and once finished, add teriyaki glaze to kabobs, making sure each one is covered well.
6. Let sit for about 10 minutes to let the glaze infuse the bacon.
7. Grill or broil for about 5 to 15 minutes, all varying on heat of the grill. The shrimp will cook faster than the bacon, so once the bacon is cooked enough, the shrimp will be good too.
8. Serve with a vegetable stir fry or as an appetizer.

Live, laugh, love and enjoy!

No comments: