Friday, April 23, 2010

My 100th Post

Sorry for the delay in the posts. The past week has been an interesting and emotional one. To begin, I have no idea why I have been feeling this way. Sunday I went to bed with a bad headache and so Monday I woke up with one. For the remainder of the week, including today, I have had a dull pain in my head that I have been ignoring, simply because I am way too busy at work to try and do anything about it. Advil didn't help, but caffeine seems to. I was putting an ice pack on my head and that seemed to help, until it started to get cold. This is all something I can deal with, what I have a problem with is when I get grumpy for no apparent reason, thus making JL grumpy because he has to put up with it... Sorry baby...

The positive part of this is that I now feel like I am out of my gloomy fog and headed in a better direction. My thinking is, I am not having enough calories. I tend to get emotional when I am hungry so why would this time be any different?

So what is on the horizon for me? A dinner party tomorrow night! Yay, I love having people over and I LOVE making food for everyone. I want to make food that people will enjoy but will be easy to eat... Trying to think up ideas that JL won't shoot down. He says, "why not just burgers?"... humpf... That wouldn't be fun, plus I have made burgers quite a few times for our friends and don't want to just have that again. This time we are thinking of something new and creative! I'll just have to battle him on it. I swear, if he had his way we would just be eating meat patties on a bun with cheese and potato chips, men...

So far I found some fun ideas:
Pizza Bites (using Pillsbury pizza dough and stuffing with peperoni and cheese, with a marinara sauce on the side for dipping)
BBQ Chicken pizza bites (not sure if we should try this one yet...)
Spinach Artichoke Dip (love! but might have to invest in a small crock pot, thus making this one a maybe)
Mini Italian Cream Cake cupcakes (maybe, I need a mini muffin pan)
Some sort of cheesy dip :)

And that's about all I have for now. Today we are going shopping so I need to decide now... I guess I will have to start looking for inspiration :)

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

A special thank you to my Grandmother Jo Hanna for giving me the Food Network Magazine, I'm in LOVE! I have found so many great ideas for recipes. Thank you Grams :)

No comments: