Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My New Love: Cream Cheese Frosting

Hello all! You can probably tell by this post that I have been bad again, but I can't help myself sometimes...

I love making cupcakes and cakes and anything cake-like! I tend to use the box mix because, let's face it, it is so much easier. The flavors are great, the crumb is soft and moist and it is fool proof, you really can't go wrong. The one thing I like to do though is make my own frosting. I am not too much of a fan of the packaged kind, although I have been known to buy it from time to time because it is easier. The taste of real homemade frosting is delish and it makes it seem as though it was all homemade!

Cream Cheese Frosting

2 parts cream cheese
1 part butter, softened
4 parts powdered sugar (to 5 parts depending on taste preference)
Splash of milk
Splash of vanilla extract

Cream together cream cheese and butter and slowly add sugar until incorporated.

Add milk and vanilla.

Last night these are the measurements I used:
1/4 c butter
1/2 c cream cheese
1 c powdered sugar
1 T milk
I didn't have vanilla but it tasted good without too!

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: