Monday, May 3, 2010

Things will be changing soon!

Happy Monday All!

We found out rather recently that JL's parents will be moving in soon, with his younger sister, and this will be a huge relief for JL and I. Not only will we be saving a substantial amount of money on rent and bills, I will have help to clean the house and cook. I love cooking, you all know that, but it's kinda nice to have someone cook for me for a change. Now I will be able to be more experimental with my recipes because if something goes wrong, there is a back up option, other than tacos from Jack in the Box.

This will be something hard for us since we are used to being on our own but I figure if I just focus on the positive and come to the realization that this is no longer just our house now, it will all be ok.

I can imagine the occasional upset but overall, I have our room and my space and that is all I need, not to mention a hefty amount of shopping money now at my finger tips! This will also allow us to get a gym membership again and I can guess I will be spending lots of time there too, losing weight and saving money... not sounding bad at all :)

So recipe... recipe... Sadly I didn't do a lot of cooking this past weekend but I did try out some Banana Wheat Oatmeal Cookies that turned out ok... I will be trying to make them into energy bites so the recipe will be on hold until I get it just right.

But if you have an urge to bake then try some of my favorites from Paula Deen herself, I always say you can't go wrong with Paula!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-gooey-butter-cookies-recipe/index.html

Live, Laugh, Love & Enjoy!

No comments: