Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vintage Cake Plates

Recently I have found out that I am in love with vintage cake plates. I have a small collection of a few newer replicas but when at the swap meet I find myself taking a gander at the antique spots to see if they have any cake plates. Recently I came across a silver one that was nice but I am trying not to buy up all the cake plates of the world, JL would kill me and insist I find a place for them or he will :)

This is one I found on ebay that I LOVE...



Isn't it incredibly beautiful???

Another fetish I have is for milk glass, so the two combined is almost overwhelming. I find that I am not too much of a fan of the colored ones but I saw a mustard one that I liked and imagined a lemon cream cake perched on top :)



This one is pretty too but might be difficult to slice a cake on it... So pretty :)

For now I am stuck with the two I own but it doesn't hurt to dream right?

Live, Laugh, Love!

No comments: